I need some TLC this week. Do you? I am down for the count with Influenza A - I never even knew the flu was lettered! I've been eating my own easy chicken noodle soup today, so I thought I'd re-run the recipe in case any of you or your loved ones are feeling puny. Here's to feeling better!
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1/2 of a medium onion, peeled and diced
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, tough strings removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 10 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups dried old fashion noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
Place the oil and vegetables in a large pot over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, add the chicken, stirring to combine everything. Season with salt and pepper. Once the chicken turns white, add the broth. Bring to a boil. Add noodles, stirring. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Check that the carrots are soft, that noodles are tender; continue cooking until they have reached the desired doneness. Remove from heat, stir in dill.
Disclaimer: I had no dill, so I used parsley. And I am sick, so I used an already perfectly roasted rotisserie chicken. I want my mommy! Stay healthy New Yorkers! Apparently, the summer flu isn't going anywhere.