I follow a great number of blogs; cooking, travel, health and wellness, design, and some personal web journals of people I admire. They are like friends in my inbox each week. Hopefully you feel the same way about All Good Things. Common threads in a lot of the online writing I follow are their lists of favorites. These lists have names like 'Things I’m Loving, Friday’s Links, and Weekly Roundup.'
I love a good list anyway, and these are weekly curations of links, images, quotes, and articles, etc that inspired them and they share with their readers. I get a personal view of their tastes, and what makes their hearts smile. These collections, in turn, inspire me to share things with all of you.
During the holidays I shared an All Good Gifts list of my favorite vendors. Do you have springtime gifts to buy? Maybe you want to revisit that entry.
Here is a list of what I’m loving right now and they are definitely providing smiles to my heart.
1. I have a lot of friends that are artists and what a treat to see one of those special friends featured in a little love letter to New York artists. 2:13 seconds of NYC sweetness.
2. Design Sponge has a flower glossary and Forsythia is by far one of the greatest gifts spring delivers. Yellow blooming fireworks of nature!
3. These photos need no explanation of how special they are: Nature captured at its most endearing.
4. And of course those images remind me of my favorite 3 minutes and 19 seconds the internet has probably ever provided: Marcel the Shell With Shoes On. It is not new, just something I could watch every day it is so sweet.
5. This guy could give lessons in freedom, commitment, reckless abandon, detail, and of course dance. I don’t achieve a fraction of his awesomeness, but I have dance parties like this and would love to invite this kid.
6. Danielle LaPorte is a lady wizard who goes in and out of my radar of inspiration. She always seems to pop back in with the most perfect thing for me to hear at the most perfect time. Some of her words were recently made into neon art and I just love them.
And in the spirit of ‘Favorite Things…'
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and ---
Schnitzel with Noodles!
Inspired by food.com
photo by Cheryl Stockton
1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
3/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons mustard powder
3/4 teaspoon salt 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, in 8 thin-sliced cutlets
1/3-1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup butter
- Cook noodles according to package directions, adding peas during last 3 minutes of cooking time; drain.
- Lightly beat eggs with milk.
- Place flour in bowl.
- In separate bowl combine breadcrumbs, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper over chicken.
- Lightly coat each cutlet with flour, dip into egg mixture, then coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- In nonstick skillet heat 1/3 cup oil over high heat.
- Add chicken, in batches; cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side, adding more oil, if necessary.
- Toss noodles with butter.
- Serve chicken and noodles with sliced lemon, if desired.