Happy New Year!
I'm not sharing a food recipe this week, I'm sharing a different kind of recipe. Here in this sweet Monday space of All Good Things, I share my own personal observations, inspiration, struggles, lessons, and dreams to hopefully give you a boost and some loving motivation as you greet your week. More than anything, I try to shed light on the good stuff in a world where the good doesn't always willingly show its face.
Consider it a recipe; a very loose, ever-changing recipe for a hopeful, happy, and healthy year ahead. Resolution is the noun form of the verb resolve, which comes from Latin resolvere, "to loosen, undo." I want to release my grip on expectation, loosen my strong hold on what I think I know and be open to the unknown, the unseen, the unheard. Here is my digital vision board, my journal of lessons, quotes, and reminders I am taking into 2018.
- "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal." - Henry Ford
- Elevate your standards. Broaden your sympathies.
- I am enough.
- "Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be." - Wayne Dwyer
- Put yourself on the hook. Be accountable. Take responsibility.
- If you're going to rise, you might as well shine.
- Beginnings are everywhere, you just have to know where to look.
- "There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." - Edith Wharton
- "To attract something that you want, be as joyful as you think that thing would make you. The joy, not the thing, is the point." - Martha Beck
- "Not everything that is faced can be changed. But nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin
- Stop watering the weeds in your life and start watering the flowers.
- Don't be afraid to be YOU no matter what anyone else looks like.
- "Life is about change, overcoming, and growth. None of these are destinations you can reach or tickets you can buy, they're found only in your willingness to go outside what you know to learn better what you don't." - Christian Watson of 1924
- Hustle and self-care. You can't get anywhere unless these go hand in hand.
- "Tell everyone you know, 'My happiness depends on me, so you're off the hook.' And then demonstrate it. Be happy, no matter what they're doing. Practice feeling good, no matter what. And before you know it, you will not give anyone else responsibility for the way you feel - and then you'll love them all. The only reason you don't love them is because you're using them as an excuse to not feel good." - ABRAHAM
- We are like the sky. We all have dark times and blindingly bright times. The sky holds all twenty-four hours and so can we. We can hold it all - no matter how impossible or overwhelming it might feel.
- "If you don't get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don't want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can't hold on to it forever. Your mind is your predicament. It wants to be free of change. Free of pain, free of the obligations of life and death. But change is law and no amount of pretending will alter that reality." - Socrates
- "The heart is cooking a pot of food for you. Be patient until it is cooked." ~ Rumi
Wishing you all good things in 2018!